Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Recipe : Chocolate Mud Cups

I had been wanting to try this recipe for a while, so when I found out we would be having some visitors for afternoon tea on Sunday, I decided to give it a whirl.  


The recipe comes from the Epicure Chocolate Recipe Book which is jam packed full of delicious chocolate recipes. 

Ingredients:
  • 600mls of cream
  • 300gms of a good quality chocolate
  • 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of instant coffee granules (the recipe actually called for 2 tablespoons, but we thought that would be a bit too much for us!)
  • A dash of vanilla essence
 
Method:
  • Place the cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
  • Put the remaining ingredients in the bowl and let sit for 4 minutes.
  • Use a stick mixer to blend the ingredients until smooth.  
  • Spoon the mixture into cups and refrigerate for a minimum of four hours. 
  • Before serving, place a dollop of cream on the top and dust with cocoa powder

Warning:  This desert is INCREDIBLY rich.... but oh sooooo good!

There are so many more recipes I want to try in this book, but I think I'll have to pace myself or my waistline might not be thanking me!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx