Monday, July 4, 2011

Wooden I-Spy Cubes

Quite some time ago, I bought some wooden stack-able cubes at a garage sale for $2. 


They were a bit tatty so I gave them a fresh coat of paint.  They were looking really good, but a little boring, so I decided to spice them up a bit by making them into i-spy cubes.  Here is how I did it.

First I cut out some images from some scrapbooking paper and adhered them to the cubes:


I chose to make each block a 'theme' but you could choose to fill each cube with random images:


Once you have stuck on all of your images, give the cubes a coat of mod podge:


and wait patiently for them to dry:


"I-spy with my little eye...... an orange brontosaurus..."

 

and a penguin with a green top hat on":


Hours of fun in these things!

3 comments:

  1. What a transformation! T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea, I love doing things up too!
    Now google following you, please pop by, Karima x
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are so cute, you did a great job fixing them up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx