Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Australia Day!

I hope everyone has had a lovely Australia Day.  We surely have!  

We started the day with some baking:


I tried out a new baking pan, but it was kind of weird.... and the cakes didn't rise (although I suspect that was the recipe I chose and not the pan).  The pan had two different types of designs, one of which left a sort of 'basin' in the top of the cake:


Just perfect for filling with Nutella.....


Which we then hid with icing! 


The rest of the cupcakes just had plain green icing.  No hidden surprises!

I found some Australian flag toothpicks at the local supermarket, so I popped one of those into the top of each of the cupcakes.  They turned out pretty cute I think:

We spent the afternoon at my mum's house eating cupcakes and watching the cricket.  Perhaps the most entertaining part of the day was when Mum got out her giant fancy finger feet and harassed the kids for a bit.  My mummy is funny!: 


(26/366 - Giant Fancy Finger Feet)
Tomorrow I am going to be showing you a project I finished today!  I know, it's been a while since I have actually finished anything, so I am excited.  VERY excited!

I did the bulk of the work on this piece before Christmas but then I lost my mojo.  This week I got sick of seeing it sitting in the hall half finished so I decided to work on it just a little bit each day.

(24/366 - Removing Staples!) 

Sometimes I feel a bit bad that I have so many unfinished projects around our house, but a visit from my good friend Steph always helps to put things in perspective. 

(25/366 - The lovely Steph from Red Brick)
She reminds me that I am too hard on myself and that things take time to complete.  And she's right, I know she is...it's just that I want everything done now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx