Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fried (Cauliflower) Rice

This week I have felt like I should have the flu. I am a little achy, a bit grumpy and oh so tired! I have gone to bed super early nearly every night this week and still feel like I could sleep for a month.

I have been trying to make sure that the family eats plenty of vegetables to keep all of the nasty winter bugs at bay. It is lucky that they love my Fried (cauliflower) Rice, as it gives them all a good serving of veggies. The little guy loves this stuff and usually eats around FOUR bowls full. Even Matty is won over.

Here is how you make it...

Whizz up a head of cauliflower in your food processor until it looks like rice:


Select the ingredients you want to include. I am using frozen peas, bacon, onion, garlic and will fry up my eggs and cut it into pieces. I usually add in more veggies, but we're running a little low on them at the moment. Thank goodness the Farmer's Market is tomorrow!:


I fry up my bacon, onion and garlic:


Then toss that in with the 'rice' and my peas and egg pieces. Add a little bit of cumin (or other spice), some parsley (or other herb) and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and it's done once the 'rice' has heated up:

And boy, does it taste good!

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats really different, I might have to try it. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks so good!!! T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx