Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Making a brooch : Part 1

A few weeks back I signed up for the flowerpress brooch swap as it sounded like a little bit of fun:

I am really excited about creating a brooch (and receiving one) since I have never made one before.  I drafted up some designs for the brooch a little while back:

I have started the creation process, but so far all I have managed to do is cook up some circular polymer clay discs:

and give them a coat of primer:

Tonight I am going to give them a coat of paint in an antique white - that's if the primer ever dries.  It has been so cold here it is practically snowing, so all of the projects I am working on that involve paint have seemed to take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to dry!

I must admit that the production of the brooch has been a bit slow also due to the complexity of my new oven.  It has only been today (after living in the house for almost 3 weeks) that I have successfully managed to turn the right combination of knobs to get the silly thing to even turn on *sigh*.

Make sure you pop back in tomorrow to find out how the brooches are going.  I am planning on making a few so I can choose the best one for my swap partner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx