Thursday, June 9, 2011

Making a Brooch : Part 2

So today I finished the polymer clay brooches, but I have to say I am not convinced that they are as awesome as I imagined they would be.  


Anyway, I am getting ahead of myself... let me back up a bit.

Yesterday I baked the polymer clay and primed it with a spray on primer.  Last night I painted the discs an off-white, then painted them with a crackle medium.  Once dry I painted them with a top coat - the smaller one in a light green and the other in a blue/green colour - which is needed for the 'crackle' to occur:


Next I painted the designs I had selected directly onto the disc, but they were too dark or something (I'm not sure what) and I felt they looked a little 'poopy':


Rather than give up, I took to them with a fine grade sandpaper and roughed them up a bit.  This gave them a bit of a distressed feel.  I then gave them a coat of varnish and this is how they turned out.  I must say I do like them more now that they are distressed:

While I was waiting for all the paint to dry I made a couple of 'backup brooches', you know, in case I decided that neither of these two were really suitable.  

Now I have four brooches and no idea which one to choose for the swap.  SO... I need you to help me decide.  I would really appreciate if you would head on over to the Which Brooch Do YOU Like? post and leave a comment to let me know which one I should choose!  Thanks a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx