Thursday, June 2, 2011

Small Paper Cuttings

A couple of months back I did a paper cutting for the baby boy of one of my friends:


Since then I have been a little bit hooked on the whole paper cutting thing and while I am certainly no Rob Ryan, I do find the art of slicing through the paper to make an image somewhat therapeutic.  

I have been finding it difficult, however, to find a spare 6-10 hours to work on large cuttings like the one above.  So instead, I decided to work on some smaller cuttings.  They take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to complete:


But once I had done a couple of these smaller cuttings, I started to wonder what I could do with them:


So I took the above cutting of the scooter, scanned it into my computer, added some text and a border and made it into an iron on transfer:

 

I am a little bit disappointed with how the t-shirt turned out, however.  If I were to do it again I would choose a darker colour for the image, as once the t-shirt was washed a couple of times it was a little harder to see.   My little boy didn't seem to mind however:


He managed a smile even though he's been feeling a little under the weather lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx