Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Walk in Robe Remodel - Stage 1 Complete

We decided that our walk in robe wasn't really functional about a week after we moved into our new house. 

The existing wardrobe had hanging space along two of the sides:

and totally un-functional shelving on the other side:
I had been using ugly wire baskets to keep the contents at least a little under control, but the system didn't work very well.  When we saw that aldi had some flat pack drawers in their weekly catalogue, we decided that it was time to remodel the space:


The worst part of the remodel was having to live out of the 'floordrobe' for the week once we started:


Ergh....crap everywhere!

 

Matty and his dad pulled out nearly all of the shelves one weekend:


and left just the top two shelves on each side:

After a quick paint job stage one is complete:

The space is a lot more functional with the higher hanging space:


and all of those drawers which are bolted to the walls!

There is still a fair way to go.  A shoe rack and a shelf to sit the laundry hamper on needs to be built in the two corners and I would like to add a little 'bling' to the space as well.  

I shall keep you updated with our progress!

1 comment:

  1. That looks great Michelle! I love the stripes!

    Rach x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx