Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A table and chair revamp for the kids

A couple of months back my sister gave us a table and chair set that belonged to my nieces.  It was in a bit of a state due to being in their outside cubby house for a while:


My original plans were to paint the entire set a nice yellow (Corn Kernel by Dulux), but when I couldn't convince Matty to paint our dining room table and chair all funky colours (I haven't given up yet btw), I decided I would only paint the table yellow and then paint the chairs two different colours.  I chose Passion Pleasure (a Taubman colour) and Green Me (a Dulux colour):


I thought that the pumpkin pleasure might have been a bit too much, but I love how it turned out:


I do find kids table and chairs set a little boring though, like there is something missing.  I contemplated painting a design on the table top, but then realised the solution was perhaps a bit more simple:

  
All 'real' tables have a little embellishment.  At least mine does!  This colander bowl with the wooden fruit and vegetables that Corben got for Christmas is a perfect addition I think:


Another project finished!!

And here is the photo of the day:


(19/366 - Chilling with my girl)

On Thursdays Corben goes to daycare, so it is just Lexi and I at home.  This morning we were a bit lazy and sat on the couch in our pyjama's watching movie clips of both Frank Sinatra and Fred Astaire.  Man those guys were talented!  

I am trying to learn all of the words to 'swinging on a star' since I can only ever remember the chorus part when I'm singing it to the kids.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it soon!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx