Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Upcycled Bookcase

I have big plans for this tiny corner in our living room, so last week I made a start:


The first part of the plan was to do something with that horrible orange bookcase.  Trust me, it was waaaay more orange in real life than the photos show:



So, what do you get when you cross an orange bookcase with a tin of white gloss paint and a little bit of fabric?

Something a little cheery and fun, that's what:


I have another couple of furniture pieces that I am in the process of completing.  I just can't believe how long it takes to prepare and paint things!

Stay Tuned!

3 comments:

  1. this is so sweet. i love it! and that fabric is so flippin' cute. i also spy an interesting tea pot there. i am a huge tea pot lover. great job. we have an old chest of drawers at home. i also had a thought a while back to add some fabric panels to it. you have given me some inspiration to go forth. so thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Amazing difference!

    xo Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet! This has given me an idea to finish off a couple of bookcases I painted white (they were icky red, from a school library) and they are just too plain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx