Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesdays Treasures - A Collection of Rings

Today for my Tuesday Treasure I have a couple of rings that I have acquired over the years.  Perhaps most treasured though, is the stories behind some of them:


My favourite rings are those I received for my wedding and engagement of course:


Matty proposed to me at the top of The Pinnacle in Halls Gap on our 7th month anniversary.  I complained the WHOLE way to the top about how we had climbed The Pinnacle the last time that we were there and that it was a waste of time to do it again.  Needless to say I felt bad when we got to the top and he popped the question!

He was pretty cute when he proposed though, as he was so nervous about dropping the ring that he was kind of hunched over when he asked.  Obviously I said "Yes!".

The engagement ring I have now is not the first one he purchased.  He originally chose a much larger and expensive one, but ended up changing his mind as he decided that it just wasn't me...or maybe he was just being tight.  Either way he was right.  I love the simplicity of the one I have and I especially love how it sparkles when the sun shines on it, regardless of how dirty it is!

On our wedding day my mum gave me her friendship, engagement and wedding rings that were given to her by my father:


While they are not the most stylish things I have ever seen, I would one day like to have all three pieces remodeled so that I can wear them without looking like I am stuck in the 70's.

My dad also gave me a ring on our wedding day:


This one was my grandmother's engagement ring and since I never had the chance to meet her, I think this one is really special.  

Well I am heading off to bed now.  My usually delightful children have been nothing but cranky ALL day, so I am putting on my pj's and going to bed to read for a bit:


(38/366 - A New Book to Read)

I have had a few mixed reviews about this book.  It sounds like you either love it or hate it.  Have you read it?  What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Nice ring collection! I love the stories behind them. Your Grandmother's ring looks a lot like my engagement ring, although mine is white gold and the diamonds are set in rather than with claws.

    I have read that book and I liked it! A tip I was given: persevere through the first part - it's boring as hell, but then it starts getting good. The only trouble I had was trying to figure everyone out! They all have foreign names which all look similar to me! Enjoy!
    Rach x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx