Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fun with Shaving Cream

We are constantly on the lookout for new and inexpensive activities to fill in our days.

Mum had told me that my brothers and sisters used to spend hours drawing in shaving cream on the kitchen table, so today we thought we'd give it a try:


Corben was a little hesitant at first. He just wanted to keep washing his hands every time he got shaving cream on them. So I gave him a spoon to draw with instead and after a little while he got into the swing of things:


I recommend having a bowl of warm water and a hand towel at the ready as it made it easier to wash his hands when he got too much shaving cream on them:


I think we probably played for around an hour and only used 1/4 of a can of shaving cream. Once we were done, we scooped up what we could and put it in a bowl ready to use again this afternoon.

It was a little messy, but the shaving cream wiped straight off the clothes with a dry tea towel. The best bit was that it was an activity that needed minimal supervision, so I got to have a coffee and surf the web for a bit from the other side of the table.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx