Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Paleo Banana and Coconut Bread

It turns out that Corben really loves banana bread. Who would have thought? I only found this out because he keeps stealing bits of my sisters piece when she has some.


Being the loving mother that I am, I thought I would try my hand at creating a recipe for banana bread that we could both eat. This is what I came up with:

Ingredients:

2 cups almond flour (I will probably substitute some of this for coconut flour in future versions. I just didn't have any on hand)
1/4 cup LSA (Linseed, Sunflower Seed and Almond Mix. You can get this at the supermarket or health food shop)
1/2 cup of coconut
2 large bananas
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1 tspn vanilla extract

Method:
Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl:


In a different bowl, mash up your banana's then add in the vanilla and eggs.
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into that. Mix everything together well.
Grease the sides and bottom of a loaf pan with butter. I also placed a strip of baking paper along the bottom and up two of the sides. I am glad I did that as it made it easier to get out of the pan in one piece.
Pour your batter into the loaf pan:


Pop your bread batter into the oven for about 40-50 minutes to cook. It is fully cooked when you insert a skewer into the middle and it comes out clean.


We took a piece of this to my sister (who doesn't eat paleo at all) and she said it exceeded her expectations. The real test though, was whether Corben would eat it. I am please to say he gobbled it right up....then picked up the crumbs he dropped on the bench and ate them too. Guess we can call this one a success!


2 comments:

  1. Looks yum! Have you made it again with coconut flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! Still trying to get to the health food shop to restock my coconut flour supply. Silly weather has us housebound :(

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx