Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Off to Market (Piccadilly Market)

Things are a bit quiet in here of late (and will continue to be) since I am having a market stall at the Piccadilly market in Geelong on the 29th of this month:


I am concentrating all of my efforts on my market stall presentation this time around as I feel it is lacking a little. Since I need to display as much product as I can on a table 1.8 metres long, I want to make sure that I am utilising the space as best I can.

Today we screen printed the letters for a bunting which will hang across the front of the table and I am hoping that we will be able to sew it together tomorrow:


I am fortunate enough to be able to do these kind of business activities around the kids. I simply set Corben up at the table with me (since he is the one most interested in what I am doing) and give him an activity to do. At the moment, he is totally into making pictures with the pieces from the board game Blokus:


Since sequencing is such an important thing to teach your kids, I spend a bit of time talking about what I am doing and why I am doing it. Once he can tell me the order things happen in I let him help with some of the steps, like taping off the screen:


Sometimes I try and trick him by doing things out of order but he ALWAYS picks me up on it!

2 comments:

  1. How awesome!!!! you know signs hanging from tables rarely get seen because the people are in the way...Is there a way to have it up high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is parenting at it's best right there. I'm trying to remember to INCLUDE my kids rather than just run around being busy and shoving them in a metaphorical corner!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx