Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Portrait of Farmyard Dog

Yesterday I showed you how to make a bow tie for a stuffed toy (who is known as 'Farmyard Dog'), but I didn't really tell you why he needed one.

You see, Farmyard Dog wanted to look nice as he was having his portrait painted and he didn't want to look all scruffy.  Can't say I blame him really:


To create the portrait I simply drew a picture of Farmyard Dog using a 2b pencil and then used water colours to paint him.  Once dry, I outlined him using a fine liner.

It was the first time I had ever used water colours and while I could use a little more practice with them, I think it was a fairly good effort for my first attempt:


The most impressive part, perhaps, is that the portrait actually resembles Farmyard Dog somewhat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx