Thursday, July 14, 2011

My New Scarf

I had planned on posting a tutorial today, but instead of finishing that off I went to Millrose Cottage in Ballan with Jodie, Annie, Lizzie, Jan and Deborah for lunch.  I must say that I had the most wonderful of times!

So because the tutorial is not finished, I am going to show you the scarf I made last week instead (or maybe it was the week before, who knows!):


Remember the Kristen Doran stitchery I did at the Daylesford Craft Experience (see above)?  Well I wanted to make that into a scarf.  The first attempt, however, was a dismal failure:


I originally tried combining a Kokka fabric with some other bits and pieces I already had in my stash, but every time I looked at the combination of fabrics I just wanted to vomit.....

So out came Sid the Seam Ripper and we pulled that beast apart, before using two coordinating Kokka fabrics instead. Oooh that's much better!


Turns out you either love the scarf or hate it.  

Personally, I am so over wearing the blacks, greys and blues of my restricted maternity wardrobe, that I am grateful for a bit of colour!  Lots of people have commented on how much they love it!  Mum, however, thinks it looks like "Something a bishop would wear" lol.

Can't please everyone I guess!

4 comments:

  1. Well, you pleased us, Michelle! the scarf looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it !!! the lunch , the chatting and the scarf!
    ooh Can I PP you to the normal email ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle....!

    Thanks so much for stopping by Lovey....I wish you were closer too.... :o) !!

    I agree with Jan....Your scarf looks GORGEOUS & I LOVE the fabric combo....!!

    Here's to adding a bit of colour....!!!!!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a pretty scarf! Really love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx