Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Consumed....

I have been totally and utterly consumed by Lexi's Christmas Quilt for the last three months:

 

Busily stitching at every opportunity I got, I finally put in the final stitch yesterday:


The next step is to piece it all together before sending it to Murray Bridge for Matty's awesome Aunt to quilt together for me.  Here are the fabrics I will be using:


While I am incredibly happy to have finished the redwork portion of the quilt, it is also a little sad.  Both of my children now have a Christmas quilt and since there are no more children on the cards for us, there are no more Christmas quilts to be made.  Oh how will I spend my spare time now?!?

Luckily, about 15 minutes after I finished the redwork, a parcel arrived on the doorstep for me:


It's the fourth book in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini which I pre-ordered a couple of months back.  I have been waiting for this book for AAAAGGEESSS and now it is here!  That should keep me busy for a while!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the quilt! T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such adorable stitch work, love red & white, love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx