Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Frivolities

Sometimes I feel as though the weekends are way too short and this last weekend was no exception.

Friday night Matty and I went out on a date while my mum watched the kids.  We didn't do anything spectacular (we just went out for dinner) but it was nice to spend some quality time together without the kids.  Unfortunately we don't do it as much as we should, but I am working on rectifying that!

On Saturday my mum hosted a bbq lunch at her house, as my Nana was visiting from Queensland.  Because the lunch was over the kids nap times we went a little early to try and get them into bed before everyone got there.  

Since Corben would be sleeping in the portacot, we needed to find somewhere for Lexi to sleep.  Because she is rolling we couldn't just pop her on a bed, so instead we put a latex pillow into a suitcase and laid her in there:


(35/366 - Lexi in her sleeping quarters)

It must have been really comfy because she slept in it for 4 hours!


On Sunday Matty's parents came up to help us do some jobs around our house and then we headed into the Red Brick Group Show to take a look.  The painting in the picture below was done by the partner of one of the guys Matty works with.  It was really quite impressive:


We also had a bit of fun with their Valentines Day window display while we were there:


Since the question was "Who do you love?" I put the names of my family on one of the hearts (isn't that a bit cute!):


(36/366 - Who do you Love?)

Today I was so tired from the weekends events, I had a bit of a rest day.  I did, however, take advantage of the cooler weather and made some pumpkin soup:


(37/366 - Homemade Pumpkin Soup)

It feels a little funny making pumpkin soup in summer, but that just goes to show how topsy turvy the weather has been of late!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx