Monday, March 5, 2012

Photo of the Day - A little bit of catching up!

The weather has been so unpredictable of late, so on the sunny days we have been enjoying special "hot weather" treats:


 (55/366 - Mmmmm Chocolate Milkshake!)

Luckily the weather was beautiful for the wedding of our friends Jen and Steve.  If they had have been married a week later, it would have been raining and miserable.  How lucky is that!


(56/366 - A Beautiful Wedding) 

This was my favourite photo from the wedding.  I'm not really sure why.  I think it is because it is not posed and shows clearly how happy they were on the day.  They are currently in Phuket on their honeymoon, so we can't wait for them to get back and tell us all about it.

Unfortunately I thought I would be an inconvenience if I stipulated my dietary requirements for the wedding as "grain and dairy free", so I ate the beautiful fish with sauce that contained dairy and I also had dessert.  Needless to say, I paid for it for a couple of days after the wedding!  Lesson learned for sure!

Since ginger is good for digestion and soothing an upset tummy and I had some in the fridge, I whipped up a batch of ginger tea.  That made me feel at least a little bit better:


(57/366 - Ginger Tea Brewing) 

I did have sugar cravings as a result of eating dairy and grains, so I was glad when our food box for the week arrived.  Who wouldn't be keen to eat healthy when you get something looking like this delivered to your door?!?


(58/366 - A delivery of Organic produce) 

I plan on trying to make some Kale chips with that big bunch of kale.  I will let you know how they turn out.

Mid week the nice weather disappeared and it started raining, which meant we were pretty much house bound for a couple of days.  Luckily Corben has decided that he looooves to draw and colour in, so that filled in the days:


(60/366 - Colouring in) 

When we weren't drawing or reading books, we put on some music and got 'jiggy with it':


(61/366 - An impromptu Dance Party) 

I love this photo even though it is a bit blurred, as you can see from Corben's eyes just how happy he is!

Of course we also needed to eat, so I made grain free pizza using the Chia Seed Pan Bread Recipe.


(62/366 - Grain Free Mini Pizza) 

 I topped it with chicken, onion, bacon, spinach, capsicum and pine nuts and it was the best pizza I have ever tasted!

While I was looking for grain free recipes to try, I stumbled across this recipe for Orange and Coconut Cake.  Needless to say I thought I would give it a try:


(63/366 - Orange and Coconut Cake)

We took the cake to my mums house for afternoon tea on Saturday.  While the cake was nice, it didn't fall into the category of 'awesome'.  I might make it again, I might not.  I guess time will tell.
 
I have plans of working on getting the studio finished this week.  It is soooooo close to being done.  I simply can't wait until I can work in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx