Monday, April 30, 2012

Vintage Tea Towel Cushions

Check out this super cute tea towel I picked up on sale for $4 from The Crafty Squirrel:


A couple of days ago, while the kids took a nap, I cut it in half and turned it into the two most awesome cushions ever:


Eventually they will sit proudly on a chair I am reupholstering, but that project is going to take a little while. I can't believe how crappy the upholstery fabrics at our local fabric store are - so uninspiring!

I thought about screen printing my own fabric to recover the chair, but I have instead decided to purchase some fabric from Spoonflower. Sometimes the stress of doing something yourself just isn't worth it. At the moment I have so many other projects that I want to get done, screen printing my own fabric just seems like a bit of a hassle.

So I have ordered a sample swatch of my chosen fabric and I now eagerly await its arrival in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It really means the world to me! Enjoy your day xx